Distillery Talks - Aged or Unaged?
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for our next distillery talks session where we tackle the topic of ageing molasses and agricole rums. This session is going to be guided by rum guru Michael York alongside our Head Distiller Shane Casey.
After a cocktail on arrival, you will be taken on a journey of tasting 7 different rums, demonstrating how oak contact affects this amazing spirit. Sit back and sip on some rum as Mike and Shane take you through each sector while discussing the processes and key talking points for each rum. Each sector is matched up with a delicious food pairing from our kitchen.
Your ticket gets you:
- Barrel-Aged Cocktail on arrival
- 7 rum tastings over 4 sectors
- Matched food for each sector
- White Rum: Taste two styles of white rum, one aged and one unaged and see, smell and taste the difference between them.
- Doorley’s 3YO (Barbados) & Brix White (Australia)
- Ceviche, Corn, Avocado & Blue Corn Tortillas
- Agricole Rhum: Compare two unaged Agricole styles from two different regions and learn how cane plays a part in the profile of the rum.
- Trois Rivieres Ocean (Martinique) & Brix Agricole (Australia)
- Sugarcane Grilled Pork & Prawn, Rum Coconut Cream, Charred Lime
- Aged Agricole Rhum: Taste and smell the effects of ageing agricole rhum in barrels.
- Riviere du Mat (France) & Aged Brix Agricole (Australia)
- Jerk chicken, Spiced Couscous, Caramelised Pineapple
- What does a wooden still do? Explore the effects of oak in distillation.
- El Dorado Single Barrel EHP (Guyana)
Limited spots available!